Tuesday, May 4, 2010

15 week update

It's hard to believe that we've made it to 15 weeks!  None of my pre-preggo clothes fit without the bella band and even with it, my clothes are just not comfortable.  However, I love the knit gaucho pants and skirts from Target!  I'm finally eating meat again.  When I was having morning sickness, meat was totally off limits.  Last Friday my mom and I were out for lunch and she mentioned going to Chick-Fil-A.  For some reason, that sounded wonderful.  I got the original chicken sandwich and it was great!!  I had been wondering for the past few days if I was just scared of eating meat again or if I would really get sick.  Turns out, I was just scared of it.  DH is so grateful, he said he was gettting worried that it would be a permanent thing:)

While I'm getting more and more excited, I still have my moments of concern.  I have my 16 week dr. appointment this week and again the nervousness sets in.  I thought I would be excited to hear the heartbeat again, to ask the doctor all the questions I forgot to ask the last time, but I'm scared at the same time.  I know, God is good and He has given us this sweet baby, but I don't think you ever get over those words, "there is no heartbeat".  It's been nearly 6 months (wow, I can't believe it's been that long) since the miscarriage, but every time I have a doctor's appointment it's like a fresh wound all over again.  I know God is teaching DH and I something through this.  I know He's especially teaching me to have faith in Him.  Each day I pray for peace to get through the day and I guess that's all I need.  I'm definitely not freaking out every day, but there is some concern.  I am placing my complete trust in God right now.  I know this road I'm on is forever changed, but I'm slowly finding joy in the journey I'm on. 

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. I felt the same exact way when I was pregnant with my son. It felt too good to be true, I was terrified something would go wrong. I'm praying for you guys and try your hardest to enjoy and push bad thoughts and worries away.

    ReplyDelete