Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13th Update

Well friends, there is much to write about this week!  Josh and I had our 4th wedding anniversary last week.  It was a little weird thinking about it all.  Throughout the day I would think about what I was doing at this time 4 years ago:)  Maybe that's kinda silly, but I don't want to forget our wonderful wedding day.  At the time, I felt like the day passed by so fast that I didn't have time to take it all in.  Now, I'm just trying to remember every little detail.  Surprisingly, I remember more than I thought I would.  I remembered how my wonderful friend Nia spent the day with me and after getting my hair and makeup done we stopped at McDonald's for lunch and I had my veil and tiara on.  I remember thinking I was crazy for wanting to get married in the summer!  I remember calling Josh and asking him what he was doing that day and he was watching movies that I don't like to watch, like Braveheart:)  I remember my brother trying to wrestle streamers around the trees at the reception site, but it was so windy that he was having a very difficult time.  I remember my mom having everything taken care of, her and my dad worked so hard and I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents!  I remember thinking how much I love Josh, but I never knew how much more I could love him.

So, 4 years later we've been through a lot.  We've lived in 3 different apartments, we even had a roommate when we first got married (I wouldn't recommend this), we've purchased cars together , we've purchased a house together, we've changed churches (and this was a big deal, it may not seem like it), we've learned to love each other in new ways, we've learned a lot.  I remember the pastor's wife at our old church telling me that marriage was work and I brushed it off.  What work could there be???  We love each other and love is really all we need, right?  The truth is marriage is work, but you don't realize it until you're already doing the work.  I hated compromise, it was my way or the highway.  Josh has taught me that I'm not always right, don't tell him I said that!  He has helped me to be more selfless and less selfish.  I tell him quite often that I'm so glad that God blessed me with such a wonderful man, because I don't think there is anyone else out there who could put up with me:)

Now, it's kinda scary knowing that this will be our last anniversary with just the two of us.  I'm excited to have a new member to our family in October, but at the same time it's scary.  There are some days when it still doesn't feel real.  We bought the crib and dresser this weekend and that was really scary for me.  I almost broke down in tears at the store.  I know God is not hiding around the corner just to scare me and say, "gotcha", but it's hard to accept that we really are going to bring a healthy, full-term baby home in October.  My faith has truly been tested and continues to be.  I'm trusting the Lord in this journey because I have no where else to place my faith.  It's hard to think something bad will happen especially when you can feel the kicks of a healthy baby:)

Oh, by the way, we went in for our follow up with the perinatologist and baby boy is completely healthy.  The cysts are gone, the kidneys are within the normal range and he looks to be in perfect health (just what we've been praying for).

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to you both. What great memories of your wedding day. It sounds like it was just perfect.

    Also I'm so glad that your little love is safe and healthy. I worry constantly and did worry when I was pregnant also. I completely understand what you mean. My prayers are with you and your sweet and tiny for good health.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete