Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Good News Is......

We have a healthy baby growing in my belly, the not so good news is that my body is not quite ready to start the eviction process.  I was bummed and I called my husband and cried.  I really felt like there should be something going on to show me that the delivery was getting near, but not this week.  I had been hoping that the baby would be here by the end of this week.  I guess I just had my hopes up that he would come early since he had been measuring a week ahead of schedule based on our ultrasounds.

Then I was remembering where I was this time last year.  I had just found out I was pregnant and I remember praying that the little baby would stay in there and grow healthy and strong.  I wanted so badly for that baby to stay in me, but that was not the path God had for us.  I've been incredibly emotional this week and I think it's because I've been thinking about this time last year.  I know it does get easier and I'm so thankful that we have a healthy baby growing inside of me now, but I still remember that incredible hurt.  Now, I feel kinda bad wanting this baby out of me.  I'm still trying to not worry about it and trust that God has everything under control and has a plan for this baby.  I believe they are great plans!  I'm so excited to meet our baby, but I know we will meet him in God's timing.  God knows how bad my heartburn is, how crampy I've been feeling, how the hot flashes make me crazy and how I have to pee all the time.  He knows it all.  So, I don't have to worry.  I don't have to be concerned about where/when my water will break or when labor will start.  He has seen it all and orchestrated the whole thing.  He knew this baby before he was even formed in me, how amazing is that?  I'm thankful that I serve a God who is bigger than me and sees far more than I see:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hang in there, as I know you'd like to meet this miracle now. However, as you say, in God's time :)

    I know you are uncomfortable and so ready, but hold on. The real work is coming soon....just be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete