Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a Weekend!!

Alright ladies, I figured I would update my blog since I'm bored at work and I think blogging seems productive right about now:)

I'm training a new girl at work and although I am struggling to give up my work load, it's kinda nice not having something to do every minute of the day.  Then again, the day does go by much slower when you're not busy but I have so much more time to blog!  I told the other girl I work with that I don't mind giving the new girl all my stuff as long as she didn't mind me being bored and not having anything to do.  It would be kinda nice to work from home towards the end of this pregnancy.  The new girl will work out, she better because I refuse to train someone else.  I don't think I've ever talked so much at work as I have this past week and a half.  I sure do not like training people, but hopefully I did a decent enough job that I'm able to have a bit of peace while I'm on maternity leave.  I'm sure I'll be checking my e-mail periodically to make sure everything is ok.  Oh, man I'm going to love being away from this place for a little while:)

This past Sunday was a great day, busy, but great day.  First we had to be at church at 7:30am because Josh and I were on for worship this week.  I normally dread being there this early, but once I get there it never is as bad as I imagine in my head:)  Then we just hung around town the rest of the day because Josh had to do sound for Chick Night that night.  It just wasn't worth it for us to go all the way home for just an hour or so.  I napped at my parents' house and Josh watched TV for a while.  Oh, and we got the carseat!!  Can you believe it?  I can't believe we're actually going to need that in just 8 weeks or so.  It was a bit exciting:)  Chick Night was amazing!  Initially I did not want to go, I kinda thought I would just go home but then I felt bad that Josh was going to be there (one of the few men who was there) and I thought I should just go.  My mom decided to come with me and she hadn't planned on attending either.  Jennifer, one of the women at church, shared a bit of a testimony and it so touched my heart.  My mom had just been telling me earlier that day that she felt like she didn't want to get involved at church because she was afraid of getting hurt.  I told her that you have to make yourself vulnerable in order to be used by the Lord.  Anyway, Jennifer spoke about this very thing.  It was amazing!  So, going to Chick Night was so worth it:)  I am so thankful that we go to such an amazing church!

We have our last child birth preparation class tonight.  I must admit that I do not feel at all prepared for child birth.  In fact, I've never been so scared in all my life.  Maybe there will be some miraculous thought the teacher will say tonight that will put my mind at ease, I don't know.  I keep waiting for that "Ah Ha" moment.  I still have been struggling with this whole getting the baby out of me thing:)  I don't know if you ever feel completely at ease about the whole thing.  Child birth must be one of those things you just have to experience, you can't really prepare enough for it.  It's been nice to talk to other women who are having babies or have had babies and can share some wonderful information.  I really want to nurse the baby, but I've heard how hard it is and how painful it is and that is concerning.  I thought I wanted to try cloth diapering, but I'm re-thinking that now.  I don't know how I'd cope with washing poop out of 12-15 diapers a day or even more:)

Ladies thanks for all of your comments.  I so appreciate your wisdom!  Would you let this first time mom know if there is something you wish someone would have told you when you had your first baby?  I can't wait to see your responses.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I've never done cloth diapers and those who have seem to love them. That's all I know about that. As far as breast feeding, I can't speak for anyone but myself. But yes its difficult at times but it does truly get easier and if you keep that in mind and keep doing what your supposed to be doing everything will be just fine. Don't worry yourself too much. You can do that when the time comes and your learning :) Just try to be aware of what you need to do and try when things don't work immediately and I think you'll be just fine.

    Your almost there. Its so close :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already looking forward to maternity leave too and I have 5 months left! haha!

    ReplyDelete