Monday, September 13, 2010

Finally......an Update!

Well, I had been waiting on entering another post so I could put my baby shower pics up, but seeing as I'm pretty bored at work I thought I'd better post an update.  Our baby shower was wonderful!  We had about 40 people at my parents' house to shower us with love.  Of course I had a hot flash while opening gifts, but what can you do?  Now we're just working on getting the remaining stuff we need.  

Today I'm 34 wks 4 days preggo.  I'm definitely more uncomfortable then I've been this whole time.  I am so thankful that I do not have crazy swollen ankles and feet.  My feet are already chubby enough:)  The baby is moving around all the time and sometimes it feels like he's trying to set himself free.  We still don't have a name officially picked out for him.  Since we found out we were having a boy we have liked the name Jaxon and we could call him Jax for short.  I still like that name, but this is a huge decision.  I also really like Bennett and I even like Ben for short.  Josh still has heart set on Jaxon and I'm not sure I can let him down.  I really do like both names.  The girl I work with has know the name of her baby since before she was pregnant.  I've been praying for God to give us a name for our baby.  He did it back in the Bible days and I know he can do it now!

This Sunday was my last Sunday singing on the worship team until after the baby comes.  It was a bit of a relief and a bit sad all at the same time.  I enjoy being on the worship team, but it has been a bit more difficult recently and I'm always nervous that I'm going to have a hot flash while I'm on the stage.  Those hot flashes can come on at any time and I'm not a huge fan of them!!    Josh has been a huge help at home since I'm just not feeling up to doing much lately.  I keep waiting for the "nesting" phase to kick in and my burst of energy to start but nothing so far.  We have the baby's room all ready to go, I think.  Not that he'll be spending much time in there in the beginning anyway.  I'm really trying hard to not be a complainer during this pregnancy and I think my co-workers can see that.  One of the girls I work with even said that I'm just happy Michelle, truckin' along:)  

We hired a new girl in the office to take care of my stuff while I'm gone and initially I didn't like the idea of giving away all of my duties but after a good cry and talking to Josh I realize that someone has to do the work while I'm gone.  I just have a really hard time letting stuff go and delegating, especially when someone doesn't do things EXACTLY how I do.  I've had to learn to let go of things and if they're not done exactly my way, then as long as they're done right it's ok.  It was an incredibly insecure feeling knowing that you're basically showing someone else how to do your job and then in the mean time what are you supposed to do?  I guess blog:)  I talked to the office manager and told her I don't have a problem giving away my stuff as long as she realizes that I don't have much to do after than.  There are a few things that I'll still take care of, but for the most part I don't have much of a job now.  It seems like I had to give everything away a bit early, but I was doing what I was told to do.  I rest in the arms of Christ and I know that in all this craziness at work He has a plan.  I wish I knew what the plan was, but at least I know He's handling it all for me.  I have to keep telling myself that it's not good for the baby for me to be worrying, but it's not good pregnant or not to worry.  I continue to speak exceeding and abundant blessing over Josh and his career as well as direction as the spiritual leader of our home.  I love that husband of mine, he is dreamy!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your really getting all things in order and ready for the baby. I agree that its hard knowing that your leaving work and someone else is taking over. When I went back to work, there had been mistakes and problems that I ended up having to deal with. But its ok, because I was with my baby all that time and it made it all worth it.

    I like both names. I think you will figure out which one is best for you guys.

    I'm glad your doing good. Your getting really close. Its amazing how fast these last weeks will past.

    Oh and I'm so glad that your shower went so well. :)

    ReplyDelete