Monday, September 20, 2010

35 Weeks and Stuggling a Bit.......

For those of you who have had children, at what point in pregnancy did you feel like an egg with legs?  I've been struggling to get around lately, especially to change positions in bed.  I never knew it would be that difficult!  If you add to the discomfort a husband who snores then you know that's a recipe for diaster.  Josh went to the sleep doctor last week and did the sleep test the very same day.  He had to stay there overnight, so I wasn't too thrilled about that since it was our first night apart since we've been married.  Suddenly the house became extremely quiet and I became not so concerned with saving electricity and I left many lights on.  We think he has sleep apnea.  When we first got married I noticed that he would stop breathing for more than a few seconds but I never really thought anything of it.  He always snores when he sleeps on his back, but now he's snoring even on his side.  I feel terrible asking him numerous times throughout the night/early morning to turn over, but I would lie there awake if I didn't.  Sometimes I go in the other room or he will after I've asked him more than twice to roll over.  The funny thing is, when he's in the other room he's not snoring!!  What is with that??  Anyway, we'll find out Friday the results of his sleep test.  The technician said she wasn't sure if she was able to get enough information for the doctor, so he might have to go back for another sleep test.  I've been praying that they have all the information they need and we can get the CPAP machine on Friday so both of us can get some good sleep.  He works very hard and is under a lot of stress so it's hard when he wakes up after sleeping for 8 hours and still feels exhausted.  Hopefully the machine will help us both:)  This whole situation isn't helped by my insomnia.  Since I'm awake most of the night I can hear the moment poor Josh starts snoring and I'm very quick to tap him or gently nudge him to let him know.  He's such an awesome husband!

Maybe this insomnia is to help prepare me for what is to come, I don't know.  I'm praying for the ability to sleep through the night soon.  I'm just exhausted and each morning the thought of going to work is just discouraging.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a laptop from work soon and start working from home at least a few days a week.  At least on those days I won't have to get ready and be presentable:)  I'm praying for energy and the ability to get through these last few weeks with a smile on my face.  I really don't want to be a "debbie downer", but that is really hard sometimes.  Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with Josh watching football and I just started crying because I was so uncomfortable.  I guess its' just one of those things that us pregnant ladies have to go through.  Less than 5 weeks to go and I'm so so very excited!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. I'm sorry to hear that your uncomfortable and feeling bad. I know what you mean and for everyone its different.
    Just hang in there and hopefully it will pass quickly by.

    My husband sounds just like your husband when it comes to sleeping. He snores when on his back and it drives INSANE! Maybe he has sleep apnea? The minute he starts to snore, I literally put my foot in his back and push him to his side. I know how mean am I?? I should really find a nicer way to do that.

    ReplyDelete