Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dear Jackson- 9 months

Dear Sweet Baby Jackson,

I cannot believe you are 9 months old.  You are growing up far to fast for my liking:)  You are an amazing baby boy and, right now, you are into everything.  Just before you turned 8 months old you started crawl/scooting.

You looked like an inch worm sometimes.  Now you are doing the normal hands and knees crawling.  You are pulling up on anything that will hold you up.  Baby proofing is in full force!  I just told your daddy the other day that it was hard to believe we finally needed to baby proof our house.  Even though I knew we would eventually have to do it, I never really thought about it when we brought home this little bundle from the hospital.

You say mama and dada and you make a variety of other sounds that and I have no idea what they mean.  You have a bit of a temper; when I tell you no you yell and sort of shake your fists.  I'm not sure if I should acknowledge this behavior or ignore it or what I should do.  It's so strange how you just do things that no one has ever shown you how to do.  You are learning more and more everyday.  You're starting to mimic the words I say and try to say them in the same tone I say them.  I keep waiting for "stranger anxiety" to kick in, but so far you are doing ok.  Sometimes when strange people pick you up (that you haven't seen in a long time) you get nervous and might shed a tear or two or you just might make a pouty face.  When we drop you off in the nursery at church every one tells us what a happy baby you are!  For some reason you do not like when daddy moos like a cow.  You immediately start to stick you bottom lip out and cry.  I know to you it's not funny, but it just makes me laugh:)  Daddy knows better now and we just make higher pitch cow sounds to make sure you stay happy:)  You love your daddy!  You get very excited when he gets home and scream for him.  Daddy tries to act like it's no big deal, but I know he loves that you love him so much!

We have some friends who recently had a baby with some health issues.  When I hear about all that they are going through I feel even more thankful that I have such a healthy baby.  Even though we had some scares during my pregnancy, you are in perfect health now.  We are so thankful God had blessed us with a healthy and happy baby.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing baby boy!  It's a blessing every day to wake up and know you and I are going to spend the day together.  Your daddy works very hard so that can happen!  I love you more than I ever thought I would, you are such a blessing to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment