Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Holidays!!

I absolutely love everything about the holidays, starting with Thanksgiving.  I love the decorations, the smells, the food, the parties, and everything else.  This year I feel like I am not living in a haze like I was last year with a newborn.  I'm excited to find babysitters and get out of the house with my hubby.  Lately it has become very important to me for us to have date nights and time to hang out with other adults without our children.  Time like this helps me to remember why I fell in love with Josh.  It is so easy to see each other as roommates if you're not careful.  When Jackson was a newborn I remember crying and telling Josh that I felt like we were so disconnected.  Before we had a baby it seemed like everyone was telling us not to forget your date nights and make time to be alone and cherish each other without the baby.  I remember smiling and thinking sure, whatever.  Now I know!!  It was so hard to leave Jackson in the beginning, even with my mom.  I just didn't want to leave him, especially since I was breastfeeding.  Then you have to make sure you have a pumped bottle and enough to get you through the time you'll be gone.  I was, and probably still am, a bit of a neurotic mom:)  I'm doing better and I'm excited to say we have a date night this week and next week!!  Last night Josh was already talking about when he retires and we're "empty-nesters":)  Children are such a blessing and I love our baby with all my heart, but I need to remember not to forget my sweet, dear husband.


We finally got our tree up and it's decorated!!  I felt like I was so behind.  It seemed like everyone had their tree up before Thanksgiving.  I have done some Christmas shopping though.  Josh's family is all done and my family is left.  I still have no idea what to get them.  They are so hard to shop for.


We are babysitting my mom's dogs this week.  This experience has helped me to realize why I do not want a dog right now.  I'm sure I'll want one and maybe things are different when it's your own dog, but these dogs are driving me crazy.  I already have a one year old following me around the house, now I have a one year old and two dogs!!  Jackson loves them and wants to hug them all the time and they pretty much hate it.  I went to let them in, from the 36 degree outside, and when they got to the door and saw Jackson right there, they turned right back around and decided they would tough it out outside:)  It has definitely been an experience!!


Enjoy this time everyone because before we know it, it will be 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment