Monday, January 16, 2012

The Holidays 2011

I cannot believe it's 2012!!  I feel like the holidays totally snuck up on me this year, although I was able to do more baking and fun stuff like that since Jackson is older.  I had determined that this year we would spend Christmas Eve with one family and Christmas day with the other, however I did not get my wish.  We were once again celebrating 3 (including our own) Christmases in one day.  It worked out better than I thought it would, but it just makes for a draining day.  Jackson still wasn't into opening gifts, he would rather play with the ripped up wrapping paper.  He did get some gifts he really liked and other, he couldn't care less about.  It's funny because I thought he would for sure like one toy and not another and then he totally switched things up on me!  He was not really into this horse and still isn't.  Hopefully as he gets bigger he'll like it more.


We also went to Schnepf Farms.  They didn't have a festival or anything like that, but they were open for kids to play and we went on the train.  Jackson had a lot of fun and was ready for a nap when we got home.





My grandparents were here, and Jackson loved them!  I'm so happy that they we able to travel and be here with us during the holidays!
We didn't do anything exciting for New Year's.  In fact, I didn't even stay up til midnight.  I was exhausted and we had to get up early for church the next day.
Another exciting thing that we found out is that we are having a baby girl!!  A few weeks before my 20 week ultrasound I had a dream that I had a girl.  Up until then I had not had any feeling either way as to the gender of this baby.  I even went to the store and bought a pack of girl onesies just to show I had faith in my dream:)  Sure enough, we're having a girl!!  Josh had seen a friend with his daughter and mentioned how he thought it would be fun to have a girl next.  I know he's nervous and I am too, not so much about the girl part, just about having another baby.  I know it will be exciting though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment