Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Baby Girl Harris.....

I had been so vigilant about writing during your brother's pregnancy that I feel pretty bad that this is the first time I've done it for you.  Let me tell you how busy your brother keeps me!  I'm sure it will only get more busy around here once you get here.  Your daddy and I are so excited to meet you and see who you look like.  We are a bit nervous to have a baby girl.  The unknown is what has us a bit anxious.  Over the past few months I have had raging acid reflux/heartburn.  I had it with Jackson but it seems so much worse with you!  I have to take medication for it just about every day, it's a celebration if I don't.  I feel pretty good this pregnancy.  It's a little hard to keep up with your brother sometimes, he sure is quick, but other then that I'm feeling good.  I'm excited to meet you in person, but at the same time I know you are so much easier to care for while you are inside me.  I want to remember how much you move around.  Around 19 weeks I started feeling you move around and since then you have not stopped.  It feels like you are trying to set yourself free sometimes:)
For reasons beyond my control I've had to switch doctors at 34 weeks.  Believe me I was very concerned about this, but I think maybe it was God's way of putting me in another doctor's hands.  It seems like the new doctors are already more thorough than my previous doctor.  I am going for a growth ultrasound in a few days and I'm super excited to see you again.  It's been a few months since I've seen you.  They think you may already be 7 lbs and you still have 5 weeks to go before your due date!!  Your brother was a big baby, but I was hoping you would be smaller since you are a girl:)  My prayer is to go into labor on my own and not have a c-section, although I will do whatever the doctors say is best for you and I.  You are loved so much baby girl!  Even though you are not here yet, God knows you.  He knows the child you will become and the woman you will grow to be.  We are already so blessed to be your parents.  God has hand picked you for us and us for you, we can't help but be a perfect match!  We don't have a name for you yet.  Daddy and I can't agree on names.  We had a hard time with your brother's name too.  Hopefully God will reveal THE name to both of us before you get here.

1 comment: