Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Overwhelming......

Well Friends,

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately.  I'm nearly 23 weeks pregnant and it seems unreal that I would get this far and that we're going to bring a baby home in October.  I can't believe this is happening sometimes.  I've been thinking more and more about what things will be like once the baby is here.  It is my heart's desire to be a stay-at-home-mom.  However, I know that short of a miracle being a SAHM will not be possible.  I know that God is more than capable to bless Josh exceedingly and abundantly in his career and enable him to have the salary we need in order for me to stay home.  I also know that His timing is perfect.  I guess sometimes, I want to prepare myself in case this dream of mine does not come true.  How will I react, what will I do if I have to continue working full-time?  How will I feel having my mom and mother-in-law keep the baby every day?  I've been wanting to talk to my boss about working from home opportunities.  The computer program we use makes this seem like a good possibility, but the girl I work with may not be too happy about it.  I'm not sure when I should talk to them about this.  Any ideas???

I've been pricing out the crib, stroller, dresser, carseat, and all of the other baby gear you need and I'm thinking we have expensive taste:)  Everything is just so expensive.  I've been looking on Craigslist for baby items.  Hopefully I can find some nice, used things there.  My mom and I went to a re-sale shop a few weeks ago and there just wasn't much for boys there.  If you have a girl, then they have tons of clothes!  I guess I just feel like I need to start preparing but at the same time that makes things real.  We're really going to have a baby and we're really going to bring it home.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.  We have bought some clothes and diaper bag and some other little things, but they are all in the closet for now.  We did buy a rocker/recliner this weekend.  I was very excited about this.  We'll be able to keep it in the baby's room for however long we need it and then we can put it in the living room.  It's a really nice piece of furniture and we got a great deal.

This weekend we painted the kitchen and replaced the vertical blinds that were over the arcadia window.  The kitchen area looks so much nicer now.  Josh was not very happy about painting the kitchen.  He really like it as plain white, but now he says it looks "richer".  Good thing we picked a good color or I would have been in trouble:)  Josh had a great almost first Father's Day.  I got him a new video game, good thing he's able to play for now:)  We had lunch with my dad and we had dinner with Josh's dad on Monday, so we had a great Father's day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. take a deep breath...its all going to work out :)

    Congrats on 23 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thoughts that swirl through your head huh? Everything works out though, just trust in that. Easier said than done I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. I can't tell you how bad I wish I could work from home.
    I wouldn't know where to begin to ask your boss about that? My boss came to me early on and told me that he really tried to work out a way but it just wouldn't work. BUMMER!
    Good luck though, tell us how you end up doing it.

    Also I'm glad to hear you guys had a nice fathers day weekend:)
    Oh and baby stuff is ridiculously expensive. Its insane. Get used to it, these little loves are expensive forever so it seems.

    ReplyDelete