Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Do you ever feel ........

Do you ever feel like your pregnant and you're not? Does your mind play tricks on you like mine does? Since having a miscarriage in November it has been my mission to get pregnant again, but at the same time I'm terrified of being preggo again. What if the same thing happens again? I sometimes feel nauseous and then wonder if that's morning sickness. I wonder if my bb's are more sore than normal. It's like I have a heightened awareness of my body and I question everything.

Have any of you gone through a miscarriage and gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I feel like I'm so devasted when I'm not pregnant but then if I find out I am will I be able to get over the fear? I read in another blog today that she felt cheated out of the joy of a first pregnancy. I can totally relate to that. It's like my innocence was lost with that miscarriage. I'll never have that giddiness over the first pregnancy again. I've been praying that when the time is right God will give DH and I His complete peace. I know that is the only thing that got me through the m/c and the only thing that will get me through another pregnancy.

The girl I work with is going through IVF and I was pretty nervous to tell her I was pregnant back in October. I didn't want to hurt her in any way. We had only been off the pill for 4 months. Even though I wanted to be pregnant the first month off the pill I was thankful that it only took 4 months. Then 2 weeks later I had to tell her that there was no heart beat. I know the next time around I'm going to wait longer to tell people, for sure!! Not that I didn't love and appreciate the support we received. It was just devastating to tell people that you had just had a m/c the week after you told them you were pregnant. I have fasted and prayed for healthy babies this year and I know my God is a big god and he is more than able to bless us with healthy babies.

My co-worker is going to have her first IVF transfer in March and I'm praying that it works for her. Her and her husband have invested a lot of money and time and effort into this. They've been trying for at least 4 years. Please keep her in your prayers over these next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    Thanks again for visiting my blog. I look forward to sharing in your good news, as I know you will be blessed again. Unfortunately, m/c steals the JOY of a blissful first pregnancy, but we have to set our sights on reclaiming "happiness" the next time around. It won't be the same, as we are changed, but we will be so grateful for the opportunity to come our way.

    As for "thinking" you're pregnant when you're not...it happens to the best of us. When you want something so badly, you chase it desparately. I can honestly say that I have felt all the emotions you describe, its natural. Hang in there and keep taking care of you body. It will happen again, it will happen for you and it will happen to me :)

    Hugs to you and keep walking with FAITH.

    Colossians 3:2 Set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on Earth.

    Andrea
    persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single month, I think I am pregnant. I get all of the symptoms (except I guess they are all in my head) and even though I tell myself that I am not going to get my hopes up, I do.

    I agree with feeling cheated out of your innocence. I even feel the little twinge deep inside telling me to bust someone else's bubble when they talk to me about "I won't be working with you by this time next year because we are going to start trying in May and I am quitting when the baby's born" or some other equally stupid/naive comment. I don't say anything, of course, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to.

    I love your amazing attitude and your courage to be real here. You are truly walking in faith and you are an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete