Monday, April 19, 2010

A HUGE Fight

Have you ever gotten in one of those knock-out brawl type fights with your spouse or significant other? DH and I have had just a few in our nearly 4 years of marriage, but when we do boy are they HUGE! Well, Sunday of all days seems to be our day, yes we had a huge fight. The best part is that I'm trying really hard to remember what my point was in the whole thing. It started at church. The pastor was talking and DH kept nudging me, so I shoved his arm away. I was trying to pay attention and I thought DH was just trying to be funny. I knew in an instant that it was a bit rough, so I tried to hold his hand right away. It was my way of apologizing without saying the words:) We got in the car and I knew I had hurt his feelings, and he told me I had. I apologized, then I made the worst mistake ever- I asked him what he was doing. He never nudges me like that, so I wasn't sure what message he was trying to convey. From there, the argument escalated and got more and more heated. We had to stop at Sam's Club on the way home and I told him I'm wasn't going in there like this and he said, "Fine"! Then he left and went in there without me. I was IRATE at this point! How dare you leave me hear in a heap of tears in the hot car by myself (by the way, he left the keys and I went in and had a drink and pretzel and cheese while waiting for him)!! Now I know that pregnancy can really affect your emotions and hormones, but that didn't help me to be any less angry. If anything, I was more angry because he wasn't being extra nice considering my "condition".

The car ride home was more yelling and tears. I told him to call his parents and mine to tell them not to come over for lunch (we were having lunch for everyone since our backyard now has grass, hooray!!). He said he wasn't calling them. Eventually we made up, I'm not really sure how. I know it's not good for me to be that upset and have my blood pressure through the roof, and it was so hard to calm down. Please tell me I'm not the only crazy pregnant woman out there. He made me so so mad! I never would hurt him (though I might have thought about it), I need him and I know our baby needs him. He's a good man. I just hate that when he gets mad all he wants to do is retreat to his man cave and all I want to do is hunt him down to "talk it out". It's strange that God made us the way he did,

In other news, we did get grass for the back yard this weekend. All that is needed now is the rock. How exciting!! I'll try to remember to post some pictures.

Hope you guys have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I hate fights like that. Especially when it could have been avoided. Sorry to hear you had a hard morning. But sometimes I think moments like that somehow bring us closer to our spouses. I'm glad you made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's like you're having an out of body experience. You know you're acting like a crazy person, but you can't stop yourself:)

    ReplyDelete