Monday, April 12, 2010

12 Weeks!!

Well, here we are at a little over 12 weeks. I'm so so excited!! I had my 12 week doctor's appointment on Friday. I had been praying since my last appointment that they would be able to find the heartbeat quickly and sure enough as soon as the nurse put the doppler on my belly we heard the heartbeat. I had been very nervous about this appointment. It's very hard to put the negative things you've been through behind you and think totally positive. I was so thankful that Josh went with me. I know it was the enemy who kept putting thoughts in my head and I know we serve a God who is so much bigger than my negative thoughts. Take captive every thought, right? Now I feel more comfortable about telling people.

I keep looking at my belly to see if it's getting bigger, I'm pretty sure it is because I can't button any of my pants:) But I don't have the infamous "baby bump" quite yet. I've been feeling really good these past 2 weeks. I'm thankful the nausea is gone, I still have the exhaustion but I can handle that. I'm still not eating meat and I still have many food aversions, but hopefully they will get better. Yesterday we had chinese food and I thought I wanted shrimp. Then they brought me the shrimp and I realized I did not want shrimp:)

So far, things are going really well. I am amazed each day at how good God is. I know He has handpicked this baby for us. I know there can be numerous complications in any pregnancy, but I'm believing that this pregnancy is going to be different, this time there will be no complications and we will bring home a healthy, full term baby in October!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow 12 weeks already, how exciting. You can really start to enjoy your pregnancy from here on out. I'm glad your doing good. My prayers are with you guys for a safe and healthy pregnancy =)

    ReplyDelete