Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good Friday

So, Good Friday is coming up in two days and I must admit that I don't like Good Friday that much. I know we need to remember what Jesus did for us, but I really struggle with this. I did see The Passion of the Christ movie when it came out and I do not want to see it again. At our church we have a Good Friday service and last year was the first year we went to it. I was very nervous because at our previous church they had shown parts of The Passion movie. I was afraid I would become a blubbering mess at church if I saw this. They didn't show any scenes from the movie, so I was thankful.

Today, I was reading in Leviticus (I know, the Old Testament is rough in some places but hear me out on this). God had just gone through the blessings and curses that would come upon the Israelites if the obeyed or disobeyed Him. There were a number of references to "remember" what God had done for the people. By this time, there was a new generation that was being raised up who had not seen all God had done for the Israelites in Egypt- the plagues, the signs and wonders, the water from a rock. God wanted the adults to remember what they had been through, what they had seen so they could share those stories with their children. When I read this, it kinda hit me that Good Friday is just like what I had read. God wants us to remember what Jesus did for us, the suffering, the pain. But we know that Sunday is on the way!! Even though He died for us we know that He is not dead! He is risen!! Knowing that God wants us to remember and knowing that He speaks to me even while reading the Old Testament:) I'm sure I'll be emotional on Good Friday, but there is the hope of Sunday of knowing that Jesus is not in the tomb. He is alive and well and hears us when we cry, He knows right where we are, He sees every tear, He loves us more than we will ever know!!

So Happy Easter if I don't blog again before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment