Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010

Well, I feel like I'm a terrible blogger. My original goal was to update this blog at least once a week, but when I don't have much to report it makes things a bit difficult:) DH and I have both been sick over the past week. It's some horrible cold and a week later, I still have that low, sexy, smelly cat voice:)

I was listening to my Ipod yesterday while I was at the gym and there was a song (I hope I remember it correctly, forgive me if it's not quoted properly)that I have heard a number of times, but this time I was nearly brought to tears. It was a Francesca Battistelli song. I can't even remember the name of it, but in the chorus she says:

Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Beautiful, beautiful

I love the part that says He's making my life something so beautiful. Sometimes I feel like my life is a gross mess to God. I know I need to trust Him more, I need to rest in his arms, I need to just improve. In spite of all my mistakes and mishaps and my shortcomings, He is making my life beautiful and His mercy is reaching to save me. I love that! I've come to realize that even though I can choose to be angry at God, I can choose to turn my back on Him, He chooses to reach for me. When I'm in a pit filled with pity and doubt He reaches down to me. I'm so thankful that I serve a God who reaches out to me. So, blogger friends I'm praying for you today! I hope you have a wonderful week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment