Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh, the Drama of a Washing Machine

Well friends, I have officially lost it.  I cried yesterday because of the washing machine.  It's a bit of a long story, but I'm going to tell it anyway.  When DH and I moved into our house it came with new appliances, including a washing machine and dryer.  These were GE brand appliances.  They are not the top of the line, but they worked considering we didn't have any appliances coming from an apartment.  This washing machine has driven me crazy from day one.  DH wears black dress pants to work everyday (this is part of a uniform type outfit).  When ever I would wash his pants there would be this white residue all over them.  I started setting the machine on the 2nd rinse cycle and it still has not helped.  The "super" spin cycle doesn't help either, I'm sure (wish I could change that).  We have had the repair person come out and take a look at it and he said he'd never seen that before, but that he thought it was because we have a water softener and I was using too much soap.  So, I got special dark clothes soap and used so very little of it.  I want his clothes to smell at least a little clean.  All of this is to say, yesterday while doing laundry his pants came out with all this white stuff on them and I lost it.  I told DH how I hated the washing machine, how we needed a new one that worked properly and was able to clean all sorts of fabric, colors, and do it with soft water.  Oh, how I despise this machine!!  You shouldn't have the clothes come out looking worse than when they went in, isn't that the purpose of a washing machine?? 

I was sharing my story with the girl I work with and she suggested washing the pants inside out.  I'm definitely trying that next time.  I know I'm super emotional, I'm super emotional when I'm not pregnant.  Poor DH, he has sure been a trooper through all of this.  He's a wonderful husband and just a great man.  I always tell him how I'm so thankful that he chose me, I'm thankful that God placed us in eachother's lives at the perfect time. 

I just wanted to share with you a bit of my weekend and I hope you had a great weekend:)

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I hate doing the laundry let alone with a machine that sucks. Sorry to hear about the laundry troubles. I hope you can get it all fixed up. Sounds like your hubby wants to make everything better for you. :) What a good guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, that's not bad at all. I cried over our $20.00 toaster one time while pregnant! LOL. It'll be okay!

    ReplyDelete